We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Sydenham River Veterinary Office in Wallaceburg, Ontario
Servicing Wallaceburg and surrounding areas.
Attn: Sydenham River Clients
We are all aware of the concerns and rapidly changing situation with COVID-19. Due to the close public contact that our work requires, we have taken necessary measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members. As part of our due diligence, we have decided to consolidate our staff by maintaining all operations at Merritt Animal Hospital and Dresden Veterinary Clinic and temporarily close our Sydenham River location until further notice.
Merritt and Dresden, continue to have “closed waiting room” protocols in place for the safety of our staff, clients, and patients. Both locations are available for medical appointments, as well as pick up for food and medications.
Once this situation passes, we will let everyone know as soon as our doors are open at Sydenham River and start scheduling appointments for all of your pet care needs.
Thank you in advance for your understanding, and we hope that you, your family and pets all stay healthy and safe.
– D.M.S Veterinary Team
We offer surgical services such as spaying and neutering and more in-depth surgeries at Dresden Veterinary Clinic; however, we provide the transportation to Dresden and back to Wallaceburg for your pet at no cost.
We have a large vehicle equipped for very secure travelling and will hold kennels for dogs and cats of all sizes. Our staff will take extra special care of your pet from the time you drop them off to the time you pick them up. We will make the experience as least stressful for them as possible. We use the same secure kennels as you would for travelling on an airplane. If you prefer, you can also take your pet to Dresden yourself.
Contact Sydenham River Veterinary Office 1239 Dufferin Ave #2., Wallaceburg, ON N8A 2W4 Get Directions
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 519.360.4508. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm & Saturday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Merritt Location Only) and Sunday 10:00 am - 2:00 pm (Merritt Location Only). The Dresden location also remains open. Effective Wednesday, March 25, the Sydenham River location will be temporarily closed until further notice. Merritt and Dresden remain open for your pet care, food, and medication pick up needs.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 5-7 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are still accepting cash as payment. However, credit cards and debit card payments are preferred if possible.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.