We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
We offer digital X-rays to help our veterinarians diagnose multiple medical concerns. With digital x-ray abilities, including dental x-rays, this helps our medical team instantly update our clients with their pets’ diagnosis and treatment plan.
What is the difference between a cat X-ray and a cat ultrasound?
A feline X-ray is the ability to obtain a 2D image using the power of radiation to create a black and white image depending on the densities of tissue. This allows our veterinarians to be able to visualize your cat’s bones and organs. An ultrasound creates more of a 3D image of internal organs only; this is available upon request or referral.
Does the clinic also do feline dental X-rays?
Yes! We offer digital dental radiographs; this is performed while your cat is under general anesthesia. These images can help our veterinarian visualize the part of the tooth (root or ligaments) that are under the gumline. It is a very important part of discovering dental diseases such as tooth resorption and tooth root abscesses.
How much does a cat X-ray cost?
In-house digital X-rays are performed by our medical staff, then interpreted by our veterinarians after a full physical examination. For more information, kindly give us a call at one of our three locations, and one of our team members will be happy to assist you!
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 519.360.4508. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm & Saturday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Merritt Location Only) and Sunday 10:00 am - 2:00 pm (Merritt Location Only). The Dresden location also remains open. Effective Wednesday, March 25, the Sydenham River location will be temporarily closed until further notice. Merritt and Dresden remain open for your pet care, food, and medication pick up needs.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 5-7 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are still accepting cash as payment. However, credit cards and debit card payments are preferred if possible.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.